Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 (2D& 3D)
Autodesk AutoCAD (Drafting – 2D)
The objective the AutoCAD training during the AutoCAD Essentials course is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software. Even at this fundamental level, the AutoCAD software is one of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Therefore, learning to use it can be challenging.
AutoCAD Essentials covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are also introduced throughout the training course. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts, such as:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
- Organizing drawing objects on layers.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions.
Prerequisites for this AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT training course:
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of your operating system.
Autodesk AutoCAD (Modeling – 3D)
The AutoCAD training during this AutoCAD 3D Drawing and Modeling course introduces students who are proficient with the 2D commands in the AutoCAD software to the concepts and methods of 3D modeling. The training course provides a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of 3D and explores the main features of the advanced 3D Modeling workspace in the AutoCAD software.
The major topics covered in this AutoCAD training are:
- 3D viewing techniques
- Working with simple and composite solids
- Creating complex solids and surfaces
- Modifying objects in 3D space
- Editing solids
- Creating sections, camera perspectives, and animations
- Working with point clouds
- Converting 3D objects
- Setting up a rendering with materials and lights
- Creating 2D drawings from 3D models
- Working with the User Coordinate System
- Set up a drawing for 3D Prints
Prerequisites for this AutoCAD training course:
Before taking this course, students need to have a good working skill level in the AutoCAD software.